We all use cloud storage in one or other way. As a Windows Phone users, we generally rely on OneDrive for all the Data Synchronization and Backup. Other popular cloud storage services include Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Mega and others. How secure are they though? Boxcryptor is company focused on protecting your data that you upload to other cloud storage services. And they have an app for Windows Phone being developed.
Boxcryptor (www.boxcryptor.com) works with many major cloud storage providers like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, SugarSync, Box and others. If you want to store sensitive information into these services you might be interested in trying out Boxcryptor. Apps are available for Windows, Mac, Chrome, Android and iOS. Apps are coming soon to Windows Phone, Windows 8, and BlackBerry.
The app will include the following features:
- Supports most cloud storage providers like Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. See below for a complete list of supported providers.
- Access your encrypted files (documents, photos, music, etc.) in your cloud anytime and have your sensitive files always with you.
- Encryption and decryption is done directly on your device - your password is never transmitted.
- Secure file encryption using the AES-256 standard.
- Boxcryptor Unlimited users can also use filename encryption.
Are you interested in Boxcryptor? Well, the app may take time to hit the Windows Phone Store, but the company is taking signup for the private Beta. You can head to the website and Signup for the Beta App.