It is just morning here and my device is prompting me to download two updates which include Xbox Music bi-weekly update and a quick Xbox Video update. It's been two weeks since Xbox Video (and Xbox Music) we're updated for Windows Phone. Head to the store and you will find Xbox Video sitting on version 188.8.131.52 for Windows Phone 8.1 and version 184.108.40.206 for Windows phone 8. For Xbox Music, it is updated to version 220.127.116.11 today. Let's head below and find what's new in the update.
Xbox Video was updated today to version 18.104.22.168 for Windows Phone 8.1 and version 22.214.171.124 for Windows phone 8. Here's what's new with this update to Xbox Video:
- In some cases rental expiration notifications showed an incorrect countdown.
- Some customers saw the error "This content is currently unavailable for streaming. Please download to your device to view." when playing back owned movies or TV episodes.
Xbox Music has been updated! Microsoft is doing good on their word to give the app bi-weekly updates. The last update was two weeks ago and today we're staring at the latest version in the Windows Phone Store. Read on to find out what's in version 126.96.36.199 of Xbox Music.
Here's what you'll find in version 188.8.131.52:
- Improvements to how the app behaves under poor connectivity conditions.
- Improved download error handling so that messages are less frequent and more clear.
- When your phone is charging, the app will update your collection from the flash or SD card in the background.
- Addressed 70 functional bugs.
Here are some of those 70 bugs that have been fixed in this update: - Unexpected playlist/playlist item duplications appearing. - Downloads not resuming after a network connection was lost and regained. - Purchased songs appearing twice in the collection. - Showing "looking for music" when nothing had changed.
This marks the Sixth update for Xbox Music which is rather a major update.
Here's what Microsoft details as coming to Xbox Music in future releases:
- Performance – we're continuing to invest in improving the responsiveness of the app.
- Live Tile support.
- Kid's Corner support.
- General UX improvements
We can't wait to see all the changes and improvements Microsoft has planned for Xbox Music. You can get the updates from below.