Earlier this week, Microsoft announced that the Xbox One November update would enable custom backgrounds. For those in the Xbox One preview program that have already received the update, the software maker is offering detailed instructions on how to create a custom background using your own pictures.
Here's what you need to do:
- Connect a USB to console / Connect a source through DLNA
- Launch Media Player (either directly or through Settings>My Xbox > My background > Custom image)
- Navigate to source of your choosing (USB/DLNA)
- Navigate to folder/file of your choosing
- Select the jpg/png image – see it full screen.
- Once you are viewing the image full screen, hit the menu button.
- Select "Set as background"
- You will be sent back to the full screen view of the image. Hit nexus, see the image on Home.
What is your take on custom backgrounds? Are you excited about the feature?